The Wine List March 22 2006
Events Around the City
· Kyma — Explore the wines of the Naoussa region of Greece on Wed., March 22, all evening. Each tasting includes a flight of three whites and three red wines, plus tastings of chef Pano Karatassos' Greek fare. Cost is $35 per person. 3085 Piedmont Road. 404-262-0702. www.buckheadrestaurants.com.
· One Midtown Kitchen — Check out the "Ultimate Juice Tour" wine dinner Wed., March 22, at 7:30 p.m. The event features fine wines from Italy, plus cultural creations by executive chef Richard Blais. Cost is $50 per person, plus tax and gratuity. 559 Dutch Valley Road. 404-892-4111. www.onemidtownkitchen.com.
· Lobby at Twelve — Enjoy dinner with John Williams, winemaker and owner of Frog's Leap, on Thurs., March 30, at 7 p.m. Taste some of Napa Valley's premier wines, with food pairings. Cost is $40. Reservations required. 361 17th St. 404-961-7370. www.lobbyattwelve.com.
· Cheetah — Wine, Women & Thong every second Friday of each month, 6-9 p.m., in the Executive Room. The $20 event includes front door cover, Executive Room admission, hors d'oeuvres and wine. 887 Spring St. 404-892-3037.
· D'Vine Wine Bar and Shop — Come enjoy a relaxed wine experience every day (except Sunday). Monday is D'Vine's "uncorked" night, where for $15 you can sample from all the open bottles (usually 30 or more) until the bottles are empty. For the latest schedule of events, check the website at www.atlantawinebar.com. 5486 Chamblee-Dunwoody Road. 770-350-WINE.
· Eclipse di Luna — Enjoy a wine tasting event the first Tuesday of every month from 6-7 p.m. For $10, it includes tapas and bottomless glasses of six to eight wines. 764 Miami Circle. 404-846-0449. www.eclipsediluna.com.
· Eno — Wine tastings in the bar every Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. Taste eight to 10 wines for $10, including a complimentary plate of tapas. Also, every Thursday is top flight night: premium flights of four to five wines for $25-$35. 800 Peachtree St. 404-685-3191. www.eno-atlanta.com.
· Globe — Wine tastings every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. Four wines and tapas for $10 per person. 75 Fifth St. (in Technology Square). 404-541-1487. www.globeatlanta.com.
· Haven — Come enjoy D'Vine Sundays at Haven when the restaurant offers $29 bottles from the entire wine list. 1441 Dresden Drive. For more info, call 404-969-0700 or visit www.havenrestaurant.com.
· Huey's — All bottles from the wine list are half-price each Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (except holidays). 1816 Peachtree Road. 404-873-2037.
· Java Monkey — Wine tasting every other Thursday on the patio. The next tasting — which includes music and chair massage — will be Thurs., March 23. Sample featured wines and complimentary hors d'oeuvres. $15. 7-9 p.m. 425 Church St. 404-378-5002. www.javamonkeydecatur.com.
· La Tavola Trattoria — Wine flights every Monday night. 992 Virginia Ave. 404-873-5430. www.latavolatrattoria.com.
· Mosaic — Wine Flight Wednesdays for $15 per person. Purchase a bottle of the featured wines with dinner at a $15 discount. 3097 Maple Drive. 404-846-5722. www.mosaicatl.com.
· Murphy's — Wine tasting Tuesdays start at 6:30 p.m. Cost is $15 for tasting, with $5 off any entree. 997 Virginia Ave. 404-872-0904. www.murphysvh.com.
· Sage — Wine tastings are bimonthly, usually on the first and third Wednesdays of the month. Call 404-373-5574 to confirm, or join the e-mail list for up-to-date info by contacting email@example.com. Reservations recommended. 121 Sycamore St. 404-373-5574. www.thebistros.com.
· SoHo — Every Wednesday night is "flight night." Beginning at 5:30 p.m., bar manager J.D. Doyle leads participants on a tasting tour of regions. 4300 Paces Ferry Road. 770-801-0069. www.sohoatlanta.com.
· Spice — Half-price bottles of wine every Tuesday, 6 p.m.-close. Choose from more than 100 wine varietals. Also, "Sipping from the Vine" wine tasting and complimentary hors d'oeuvres every Thursday, 6-8 p.m. $10 per person. 793 Juniper St. 404-875-4242. www.spicerestaurant.com.
· Tierra — Half-price wine every Wednesday for bottles under $40. 1425 Piedmont Ave. 404-874-5951. www.tierrarestaurant.com.
· Twist — Every Monday, Twist offers half-price bottles for every item on the wine list, including Dom Perignon. 3500 Peachtree Road. 404-869-1191. www.heretoserverestaurants.com.
· Vine — Each Monday, the complete wine list of more than 160 wines by the bottle and 40 by the glass is 50 percent off. Every Wednesday, the restaurant offers a tasting of at least six wines from 6-8 p.m. Cost is $10, which can be applied to your dinner check to receive $10 off, rendering the wine tasting free. Every Sunday, Vine holds a three-course wine-pairing dinner for $27.95. Reservations are encouraged. 404-892-2393. 1190 N. Highland Ave. www.vinerestaurant.com.
· E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or fax information to 404-420-1402 at least two weeks prior to event.