The Wine List June 28 2006
Events around the city
· Wolf Mountain Vineyards — Reds, Whites and Bluegrass Brunch. Guests will enjoy Southern regional cuisine, live bluegrass music and Wolf Mountain wines while celebrating America's birthday. Sun., July 2, 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. $25 for brunch, $8 for wine. 180 Wolf Mountain Trail, Dahlonega. 706-867-9862. www.wolfmountainvineyards.com.
· Joël — White Wines Under $15. Showcase of great value white wines from Joël's Market. Wed., July 5, 6-7:15 p.m. $30. 3290 Northside Parkway. 404-233-3500. www.joelrestaurant.com.
· Di Paolo — Spring Sundays. All bottles of wine (excluding the reserve list) will be offered at a 50 percent discount Sunday evenings. 8560 Holcomb Bridge Road, Alpharetta. 770-587-1051. www.dipaolorestaurant.com.
· D'Vine Wine Bar and Shop — Come enjoy a relaxed wine experience every day (except Sunday). Monday is D'Vine's "uncorked" night, where for $15 you can sample from all the open bottles (usually 30-plus) until the bottles are empty. For the latest schedule of events, check www.atlantawinebar.com. 5486 Chamblee-Dunwoody Road. 770-350-WINE.
· Eclipse di Luna — Enjoy a wine tasting event the first Tuesday of every month from 6-7 p.m. For $10, it includes tapas and bottomless glasses of six to eight wines. 764 Miami Circle. 404-846-0449. www.eclipsediluna.com.
· Eno — Wine tastings in the bar every Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. Taste eight to 10 wines for $10, including a complimentary plate of tapas. Also, every Thursday is top flight night: premium flights of four to five wines for $25-$35. 800 Peachtree St. 404-685-3191. www.eno-atlanta.com.
· Globe — Wine tastings every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. Four wines and tapas for $10 per person. 75 Fifth St. (in Technology Square). 404-541-1487. www.globeatlanta.com.
· Haven — Come enjoy D'Vine Sundays at Haven when the restaurant offers $29 bottles from the entire wine list. 1441 Dresden Drive. For more info, call 404-969-0700 or visit www.havenrestaurant.com.
· Huey's — All bottles from the wine list are half-price each Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (except holidays). 1816 Peachtree Road. 404-873-2037.
· Java Monkey — Wine tasting every other Thursday on the patio. The next tasting will be Thurs., June 29. Sample featured wines and complimentary hors d'oeuvres. $15. 7-9 p.m. 425 Church St. 404-378-5002. www.javamonkeydecatur.com.
· La Tavola Trattoria — Wine flights every Monday night. 992 Virginia Ave. 404-873-5430. www.latavolatrattoria.com.
· Java Vino — During June, Java Vino has daily wine specials. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, wines by the glass are half-price. On Wednesdays, wines by the bottle are half-price. On Fridays and Saturdays, you can buy one bottle of wine and get the second half-off. Java Vino also holds wine tastings Sundays from 5-7 p.m. 579 N. Highland Ave. 404-588-9171.
· Murphy's — Wine tasting Tuesdays start at 6:30 p.m. Cost is $15 for tasting, with $5 off any entree. 997 Virginia Ave. 404-872-0904. www.murphysvh.com.
· Palate Wine Bar — Wine tasting every Thursday from 6-8 p.m., followed by live jazz with Nicole Chillemi and guest. Sample featured wines paired with food. $10. Every Sunday is "Finish the Bottle" from 6-10 p.m. All open bottles from the list of 54 wines are discounted. 321 W. Hill St., Decatur. 404-373-4702. www.palatewinebar.com.
· Nancy G's Cafe — Half-price wine every Tuesday. 4920 Roswell Road. 404-705-8444. www.nancygscafe.com.
· Sage — Wine tastings are bimonthly, usually on the first and third Wednesdays of the month. Call 404-373-5574 to confirm, or join the e-mail list for up-to-date info by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Reservations recommended. 121 Sycamore St. 404-373-5574. www.thebistros.com.
· SoHo — Every Wednesday night is "flight night." Beginning at 5:30 p.m., bar manager J.D. Doyle leads a tasting tour of regions. 4300 Paces Ferry Road. 770-801-0069. www.sohoatlanta.com.
· Spice — Half-price bottles of wine every Tuesday, 6 p.m.-close. Choose from more than 100 wine varietals. Also, "Sipping from the Vine" wine tasting and complimentary hors d'oeuvres every Thursday, 6-8 p.m. $10 per person. 793 Juniper St. 404-875-4242. www.spicerestaurant.com.
· Taurus -- Half-price bottles of wine every Sunday and Monday night (excluding wines from the "No Bull" list). 1745 Peachtree St. 404-214-0641. www.taurusrestaurant.com.
· Twist — Every Monday, Twist offers half-price bottles for every item on the wine list, including Dom Perignon. 3500 Peachtree Road. 404-869-1191. www.heretoserverestaurants.com.
· Vine — Each Monday, the complete wine list is 50 percent off. Every Wednesday, the restaurant offers a tasting of at least six wines from 6-8 p.m. Cost is $10, which can be applied to your dinner check to receive $10 off, rendering the wine tasting free. Every Sunday, Vine holds a three-course wine-pairing dinner for $27.95. Reservations are encouraged. 404-892-2393. 1190 N. Highland Ave. www.vinerestaurant.com.
· Violette — Half-price bottles of wine every Tuesday night for wines under $50, 5:30-10 p.m. 2948 Clairmont Road. 404-633-3363. www.violetterestaurant.com.
· E-mail email@example.com or fax information to 404-420-1402 at least two weeks prior to event.