The Wine List September 07 2005
· Wine South returns to the Gwinnett Center Sat.-Sun., Sept. 17-18, from 12:30-5 p.m. The all-inclusive event features more than 250 wineries sharing their vino and knowledge, plus food sampling from more than 40 metro Atlanta restaurants, chef demonstrations, seminars and art exhibitors. Tickets are $55 for one day or $100 for the weekend in advance, $60 for one day or $110 for a weekend pass at the door. Tickets can be purchased at www.winesouth.com or 678-985-9494.
· Cafe at East Andrews — Each week, the restaurant offers Wine Down Wednesdays, with bottles of wine for half-price. Included in the promotion is the "Cellar List," so patrons have the chance to sample high-quality wines like Silver Oak and Opus One. 56 E. Andrews Drive. 404-869-1132. www.eastandrews.com.
· Cheetah — Wine, Women & Thong every Friday, beginning at 6 p.m. in the Executive Room. The $20 event includes front door cover, Executive Room admission, hors d'oeuvres and wine. 887 Spring St. 404-892-3037.
· D'Vine Wine Bar and Shop — Come enjoy a wine event every day of the week (with the exception of Sunday). To mention just a few: Monday from 6-8 p.m. is D'Vine's Uncorked Night, where customers can sample all open bottles for $12. From 6-8 p.m. on Tuesdays, D'Vine has wine tastings of six to eight themed wines. Wine Knowledge Wednesdays include classes by expert Michael Bryant, trivia and a four-course dinner. 5486 Chamblee-Dunwoody Road. 770-350-9463. www.atlantawinebar.com.
· Eclipse di Luna — Enjoy a wine tasting event the first Tuesday of every month from 6-7 p.m. For $10, it includes tapas and bottomless glasses of six to eight wines. 764 Miami Circle. 404-846-0449.
· Eno — Wine tastings in the bar every Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. Taste eight to 10 wines for $10, including a complimentary plate of tapas. Also, every Thursday is top flight night: premium flights of four to five wines for $25 to $35. 800 Peachtree St. 404-685-3191. www.eno-atlanta.com.
· Huey's — All bottles from the wine list are half-price each Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (except holidays). 1816 Peachtree Road. 404-873-2037.
· Java Monkey — Wine tasting every other Thursday on the patio. The next tasting — which includes music and chair massage — will be Thurs., Sept. 15. Sample featured wines and complimentary hors d'oeuvres. $15. 7-9 p.m. 425 Church St. 404-378-5002.
· La Tavola Trattoria — Wine flights every Monday night. The theme for Mon., Sept. 12, is unusual Italian reds. 992 Virginia Ave. 404-873-5430. www.latavolatrattoria.com.
· Murphy's — Wine tasting Tuesdays start at 6:30 p.m. Cost is $10 for tasting, with $5 off any entree. 997 Virginia Ave. 404-872-0904. www.murphysvh.com.
· Sage — Wine tastings are bimonthly, usually on the first and third Wednesdays of the month, coinciding with performances by a live jazz band. Call 404-373-5574 to confirm, or join the e-mail list for up-to-date info by contacting email@example.com. Reservations recommended. 121 Sycamore St. 404-373-5574. www.thebistros.com.
· SoHo — Every Wednesday night is "flight night." Beginning at 5:30 p.m., bar manager J.D. Doyle leads participants on a tasting tour of regions. 4300 Paces Ferry Road. 770-801-0069. www.sohoatlanta.com.
· Sotto Sotto — All bottles of wine are half-price every Tuesday. Monday's feature is the "bottomless wine glass" with three price points — $15, $20, $25 — for all the wine you can drink. 313 N. Highland Ave. 404-523-6678. www.sottosottorestaurant.com.
· Spice — Half-price bottles of wine every Tuesday, 6 p.m.-close. Choose from more than 100 wine varietals. Also, "Sipping from the Vine" wine tasting and complimentary hors d'oeuvres every Thursday, 6-8 p.m. $10 per person. 793 Juniper St. 404-875-4242. www.spicerestaurant.com.
· Twist — Every Monday, Twist offers half-price bottles for every item on the wine list, including Dom Perignon. 3500 Peachtree Road. 404-869-1191. www.heretoserverestaurants.com.
· Vine — Each Monday, the complete wine list of more than 160 wines by the bottle and 40 by the glass is 50 percent off. Every Wednesday, the restaurant offers a tasting of at least six wines from 6-8 p.m. Cost is $10, which can be applied to your dinner check to receive $10 off, rendering the wine tasting free. Every Sunday, Vine holds a three-course wine-pairing dinner for $27.95. Reservations are encouraged. 404-892-2393. 1190 N. Highland Ave. www.vinerestaurant.com.
· Vinocity — Exotic dinners paired with bottomless glasses of wine from a specific region every Sunday, starting at 5:30 p.m. Prices vary by the week. Three or four selections presented like a flight. 36 13th St. 404-870-8886. www.vinocitywinebar.com.
· E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or fax information to 404-420-1402 at least two weeks prior to event.