ATLwood: Reese Witherspoon back in town for The Good Lie
Plus, Anchorman 2 continues filming all over town
- Reese Witherspoon is back in town - she was here last year filming The Devil's Knot. This time she's here for The Good Lie, based on a true story about a young refugee of the Sudanese Civil War who wins the lottery and comes to the United States. Reese has been spotted at Bocado and Yeah! Burger in West Midtown (having, I am told, a bunless burger with a kale salad on the side).
- In more lifestyles of the rich and famous, David Koechner, here filming Anchorman 2, was at Ri Ra Irish Pub Wednesday night.
- Here are a couple of pictures of Will Ferrell as Ron Burgandy in Anchorman 2. The production has been all over town, from Inman Park to Buckhead, even giving downtown an ice rink and filming at Piedmont Park.
- Burt Reynolds, Terri Vaughn ("The Steve Harvey Show"), and Cassi Davis ("Tyler Perry's House of Payne") are filming Hamlet and Hutch in Cartersville. Today they are filming at the Grand Theater in downtown Cartersville with more than 300 extras. The production will continue filming in and around Atlanta until April 13.
- The new series "Surgeon General" is filming in Peachtree City and at St. Joseph's here in Atlanta on Thursday.
- Another new series, "Halt and Catch Fire," is filming its pilot episode in Hiram from April 15-29. The series features "Pushing Daisies"' Lee Pace (swoon!)