ATLwood: 'Anchorman 2' Director to ATL: You guys have good food
- PHOTO CREDIT: ADRIAN ACE DOTSON
- Adrian Ace Dotson, a.k.a. t_h_ekid on Instagram, got up close and personal with Jim Carrey while Carrey was filming his scenes for 'Anchorman 2.'
- Anchorman 2 has flown the coop, but here are two parting items: first, a picture of Kanye West filming and looking retro, and some words from director Adam McKay about our fair city to AJC Buzz: "You guys have good food. I had to really fight gaining weight. We liked Flying Biscuit. We liked Ecco and The Optimist. ... Judd Apatow came back a couple of times and half-admitted that he was coming back for the fried chicken at South City Kitchen."
- Need for Speed, starting Aaron Paul and Dominic Cooper filmed at STK on Wednesday. There were also production signs spotted near the Clairmont Rd exit off of I-85. Production is slated to move to my hometown of Columbus in June.
- The Universal Studios production Endless Love, a remake of the 1981 film with Brooke Shields and Martin Hewitt, has just begun filming locally, this time starring Alex Pettyfer and Gabriella Wilde. Filming locations so far include Fayetteville and Decatur (as of Thursday).
- Solace, starring Colin Farrell and Anthony Hopkins, will start filming this week on West Peachtree. The movie is about an "FBI detective who seeks the help of a retired and reclusive doctor to try and solve a series of grisly murders. The doctor was a wiz at the murder game, but lost his mojo when his daughter died tragically. Desperate, the detective presses the doctor to come out of retirement for one more case" (points deducted for the person who wrote this up and included "mojo" in the same sentence as "murder game" and "daughter died tragically"). According to OLV, Farrell will play the serial killer, Hopkins plays the doctor. The project is also looking for adult men and women of all ethnicities, so email Solaceextras(at)gmail(dot)com with a photo if you are interested!