First Slice 10-24-12: Decatur considers annexing parts of unincorporated Dekalb County
Smoking bans and stolen Obama yard signs
- Clay Duda/CL File
- HOME SWEET HOME: The High Museum, who's former director passed away this week, nestled in Midtown's Woodruff Arts Center
1. Earlier this week, the city of Decatur held a meeting to let the public voice their opinions about extending its borders to include parts of unincorporated DeKalb County. The city will vote on supporting annexation in December, before it potentially goes to State Legislature.
2. Last week, Georgia State University decided to ban smoking and tobacco use on most of its campus. As of today, there are roughly a dozen Georgia colleges with similar bans in place.
3. Apple unveiled a whole bunch of products at an event yesterday, including the fancy new
iBayonets iPad mini.
5. Finally, the AJC did actually report on a lady whose political signs were stolen from her yard. Twice.