First Slice 10-25-12: Paul Ryan Bumper Car Championships
Plus, no smoking in DeKalb, feds sue Bank of America, and more
- Anon/CL Reader
- The great Paul Ryan traffic jam of 2012, as seen from up high in Midtown
1. Cirque du Soleil may have some competition this year: Paul Ryan’s National Bumper Car Championships, held across downtown yesterday.
2. Maybe Atlanta’s just too dangerous for the vice presidential hopeful. The peach pit of the Peach State ranked as the sixth most dangerous U.S. city with a population over 200,000 in Forbes’ annual round up, with author Daniel Fisher citing the city’s role as a drug transportation hub.
4. Alright kids, I can’t believe we have to have this conversation, but it’s probably a bad idea (not to mention, by many accounts illegal) to offer free guns for participating in the electoral process.
5. The economic crash has impacted us all, including the government. The U.S. federal government filed a lawsuit yesterday against Bank of America, accusing the company of causing more than $1 billion in lost tax revenue from selling toxic mortgages to Freddie Mac and Fannie May.
6. An Italian court sentenced six scientists to six years in prison for failing to predict a 2009 earthquake that killed 300 people. Georgia Tech professor Reginald DesRoches blames the buildings.