First Slice 12-5-12: Emory University community responds to program cuts by holding walkout, sit-in
Plus, Newt Gingrich may soon be on <i>Parks and Recreation</i>
- Joeff Davis/CL File
- We can only hope that Newt Gingrich did his best Ron Swanson impression.
1. Rep. Tom Price refused to give a straight answer to CNN reporter Brooke Baldwin on whether or not he plans to "mount a primary challenge" against Sen. Saxby Chambliss in 2014.
2. In case you missed it, State Sen. Chip Rogers resigned yesterday to take on a new role with Georgia Public Broadcasting. Rogers did some interviews, though he was quick to duck out of the Gold Dome, as evidenced by WSB-TV's high-speed foot chase.
3. Gov. Nathan Deal hopes to drum up support for the renewal of Georgia's hospital bed tax, which could expire next year.
4. Approximately 200 protesters came out to protest Emory University's program cuts yesterday, where they walked out of classes and sat in the administration building.
5. Finally, Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich may show up in a future Parks and Recreation episode, says [http://www.indystar.com/article/20121203/THINGSTODO/121203017/-Parks-Recreation-Men-Pawnee-chow-down-St-Elmo-Steak-House?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com&gcheck=1&nclick_check=1|co-creator Mike Schur] and actor Rob Lowe.