First Slice 2-10-12: It's a race to the bottom
Georgia ranks dead last when it comes to residents' financial security
- Joeff Davis/CL File
- A packed 2009 job fair at the Georgia World Congress Center
1. Georgia ranks dead last when it comes to residents' financial security, according to a new study. Georgians are cashing meager paychecks, drowning in debt, and most likely consoling friends and families who are filing for bankruptcy. There are lots of folks living "week to week."
2. State lawmakers are taking steps to address the problem, OK? Just let them first figure out a way for some people to carry a gun without a permit and then they'll jump on it.
3. Oh, and limit abortions after 20 weeks. Then they'll get to reversing Georgia's decline. Swear, y'all.
4. How serious is school redistricting? It will actually encourage some Atlantans to walk.