First Slice 3-9-12: Occupy goes to court
Plus, more into Georgia National Guard shake-up
- Joeff Davis/CL File
- An Occupy Atlanta protester shouts 'power to the people' before being arrested in Woodruff Park last October
1. Occupy Atlanta demonstrators arrested for the leaderless group's actions since October are scheduled to appear in Atlanta Municipal Court this morning.
2. The news that two top leaders at Georgia's National Guard last year were accused of maintaining an "improper relationship" sheds new light on recent changes at the statewide organization.
3. CL Food Wizard Besha Rodell attended last night's ACC Tournament action and was left wondering: Do they make special giant-person chairs for basketball players? Do coaches use voice coaches so they don't damage their vocal chords from so much shouting? Why didn't Georgia Tech fans want to stay and watch the team only score 36 points?
4. The U.S. Department of Education says Gwinnett County schools are punishing minority students more than white students.
4. Pat Robertson! Stop making sense!