First Slice 5-28-12: Happy Memorial Day, Atlanta
Plus, cops expect suicidal woman, find herb
1. Looking for a local place to honor American soldiers who have died while serving the country? Consider the National Cemetery in Marietta, which opened in 1866.
2. Cops who arrived at a Doraville home expecting to help a suicidal woman instead found more than 400 pot plants worth about $2.5 million.
3. Beware Tropical Storm Beryl! (OK, metro Atlanta might just feel some breezes and a little rain tonight. Still... Beryl!)
4. The North Carolina pastor who said gay people should be separated from society by an electrified fence? His congregation yesterday greeted him with a standing ovation.
5. And finally, the CL laboratories are closed today in observance of Memorial Day. Expect light posting unless major news breaks. That also depends on whether we can muster the energy to leave our bathtubs, where we'll be sitting on an inner tube, and post said news. Have a safe and happy holiday.