First Slice December 29 2008
New cities in trouble, Falcons fly to playoffs, and ... man girdles?
• POWER OUTAGE: Nearly 200,000 homes in Michigan without power after winter storms. Now the Midwest is bracing for possible floods.
• LORDS OF DOGTOWN: Skaters in Fresno, Calif., are taking advantage of the skyrocketing foreclosure rate.
• SIGN OF THE TIMES: Newly incorporated cities Milton, Johns Creek and Sandy Springs having trouble finding their footing.
• FOR THAT HOURGLASS FIGURE: Atlanta's Spanx will sell "mirdles," aka man girdles, next year.
• DIRTY BIRDS: Heading to the playoffs, Falcons head coach Mike Smith asks, "Why not us?"
• BARGAIN HUNTING: After-Christmas shoppers are pickier than in years past.
• AULD LANG SYNE: Check out CL's one-stop shop for New Year's Eve events around the city.
More By This WriterSearch for more by Alicia Carter