Omnivore - The perils of molecular gastronomy
A German chef loses both his hands
An experimental German chef accidentally blew off both his hands attempting to concoct a "molecular gastronomy" dish with liquid nitrogen, a newspaper report said on Monday.....
There was an "enormous explosion," according to the Berliner Morgenpost daily. The would-be Heston Blumental - a leading proponent of molecular gastronomy - lost one hand in the explosion and the other was so badly injured it had to be amputated.
(Hat tip: Kit Fenton)