Omnivore - How to have an ATL summer - food and drink edition
Eat and drink through summer with the help of Creative Loafing
Creative Loafing's Summer Guide dropped yesterday. This year the issue focuses on how to have an ATL summer, from throwing the perfect pool party to making a friend with a boat to finding the perfect patio to fit your mood.
We also paid special attention to ATL food and drink lovers and noted a few fun ways to toast through summer. Here are a few highlights:
* CL contributor Austin L. Ray lists 12 beers to help you cool off during the summer
* Turn lemons into lemonade cocktails
* Grill a steak like Kevin Rathbun (explained by Kevin Rathbun)
* Make Jack and Coke slushies
* Make root beer barrel jelly shots
* Enjoy an ice cream brain freeze at the Peachtree Road Farmers Market
* Eat and drink your weight in tomatoes at Attack of the Killer Tomato Fest
When you're finished with these, be sure to check out the entire guide.