Omnivore - Kitchen fire temporarily shutters Rathbun's
Kevin Rathbun hopes to reopen his flagship restaurant within a week.
- Joeff Davis/CL file
- Rathbun's closes for renovations after catching fire last Thursday.
In case you missed it, Rathbun's in Inman Park caught fire last Thurday, forcing the restaurant to close temporarily for repairs. The fire, which is thought to have originated in the kitchen's hood ventilation system, caused significant fire, smoke, and water damage within the restaurant. No one was injured.
Chef/owner Kevin Rathbun hopes to reopen his flagship restaurant later this week, but the findings of a pending point of origin inspection could delay the process.