- >> archives
- >> Word is Born - Spoken Word Poetry Open Mic - 2nd Sundays Hosted by Od Odell
Word is Born - Spoken Word Poetry Open Mic - 2nd Sundays Hosted by Od Odell
From the venue:
Join us every Sunday for Word Is Born Spoken Word/Poetry Open Mic. The list is made available at 7pm at the door, when the doors open. There is no advance registration. There is no extra fee to sign up on the list, just the price of admission.
Doors - Dinner - Drinks 7P
Showtime 8P|Show ends at 12midnight
$10 General Admission
$7 Entry for Poets/Artists Who Sign List
$10 College students with ID!
$12 18-20 years old
- Cash only, day of entry, at the door. There is an ATM inside the door for your convenience. The bar/restaurant takes VISA/MC/American Express/DISCOVER/Cash.
There is a $10 per person minimum for table seating.
-Every week we bring you a special guest host who curate their special Sunday so you can expect special guests, musical features, world renowned poets, special segments, and more.
Here is our rotating monthly lineup:
1st Sundays: Peabody Award winning, HBO Def Poetry 2 Seasons and Star of Award winning Documentary Divided Time, Abyss keeps the night live! Great date night for you to check out the best poets in the city with some amazing national poetry features - with a little live music peppered in! 2nd Sundays: Shaq All Star Comedian O.D. Odell! With Dj Astroknot!! I’m not even sure how you could make this night any better - Poetry & Spoken Word + Live Music - hosted by one of the funniest comedians in the world, Craig! O.D. has been seen on Bounce TV, Comic View and every night club with a mic stand. Really. Grab the crew and/or #bae and make your table reservations so you’re not standing!3rd Sundays: Hosted by Ebony Magazine’s Top 30 Eligible Atlanta Bachelor: Dichotomy the Poet! Founder of Aural Fixation and as seen on All Def Digital + featured touring poets!4th Sundays: International Award Winning Spoken Word Artist - Comedian - Alternative Rock Singer - Runner & Bowtie maker: Queen Sheba has hosted the best Poetry & Spoken Word open mic in Atlanta! Sheba has a way of making new comers feel welcome and the veterans feel like the rock stars they are trying to be! This is event IS for new to poetry lovers, first timers and nationally touring poets. + Crowd Control by Internationally touring Dj: Dj Knodat + Sean Mulkey Art on the canvas action! You can’t get a better date night than this and/or a great night to hang with a group of friends and possibly meet someone new! 5th Sundays: 7x Def Poet, Peabody Award, Tony Award Winning, Broadway, International World Traveling Poet and the Oracle of Spoken Word: Georgia Me!
Parking - 4 options:
1) on-street in a marked pay meter space. Most on-street is free after 10p Read signs!
2) Big lot between Apache Cafe and the Varisty. Self-pay at the pay kiosk on Spring St or get booted (n
3) GA Tech Hotel and Conference center one block north of us at 4th & Spring, usually $1.50/hr Read hours of operation!
Apache Cafe continues the rich tradition of creation, invention, discovery, and revelation in this open forum for spoken word, poetry, musical artists and for any one who care to take the stage in a meaningful way.*
- NOTE: $25 to play your track! This is POETRY and LIVE MUSIC night. This is not a showcase event. Hip Hop/Rap artists are encouraged to be prepared to perform a capella; or join us on Tuesdays for Sound & Lyrics.
WARNING: EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ---
REGARDING TABLE RESERVATIONS!!!:
(1) Table reservations are generally held until one (1) hour after doors open but make sure to refer to the event’s specific ticket rules on Ticketweb; if you have not redeemed your table reservation by the specified time, you will lose your reservation and your table will be made available to others without refund.
(2) Table tickets are not required to attend, but they are recommended for guaranteed table seating. Try arriving early to be seated at an open an free table
(3) All reserved and walk-up tables have a $10 minimum per person
(4) A table ticket entitles you to the entire table with the described number of chairs. Do not purchase a table ticket for each person sitting with you at this table.
(5) General admission ticket is required per person to enter venue. Purchasing a table reservation does not include the price of admission. Admission may be purchased by selecting General Admission tickets or at the venue upon arrival.
(6) Table reservation fees do not go towards food or beverage, admission or gratuity.
(7) There are no refunds on table reservations (except event cancellations) additionally, seating/table arrangements or changes to them are non negotiable and provide no cause for refund.
(8) When you enter the venue, please see the Hostess to be seated and be prepared to show your reservation purchase credit card and picture ID before you are seated.
Should you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to call the Apache Cafe @ 404.876.5436 or visit www.apachecafe.info