S.O.A.P. Up Atlanta
Human Trafficking is the 2nd leading crime in the United States and Atlanta is one of the top cities for sex trafficking of children. Help us keep Atlanta safe during the Super Bowl and rescue those in need.
There are three ways to get involved:
1) Come label soap and become trained on the signs of human trafficking.
2) Take the labeled soap and educational materials to the hotels around Atlanta.
3) Donate to help us make this possible.
SOAP Up Atlanta is sponsored by The Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking Commission of the Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta featuring Theresa Flores of The SOAP Project (Save Our Adolescents from Prostitution). www.soapproject.org
9:30- 10am: Doors Open- Registration & Welcome (Continental Breakfast)
10:00-10:30am Label soap and create informational folders for hotels (hands on interactive service project)
10:30-12 Training Presentation (appropriate for kids 12 and over)
12-12:45 Lunch provided
12:45- Teams head out to hotels to deliver soaps
2-3pm Return to All Saints
- CLICK TICKETS TO REGISTER TO ATTEND
Dress in business casual if you plan to communicate with hotel management.
- Families are welcome with children of all ages to come and label soap. The Training is appropriate for children 12 and older. Must be 16 or older to go to the hotels with parent permission.
Donations can be made through this eventbrite website, at www.soapproject.org or by sending a check to:
Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta- (put DMST Commission SOAP in Memo)
2744 Peachtree NW
Atlanta GA 30305
Tax deductible letters will be mailed to all donors.
Commission on Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking, Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta
Episcopal Community Foundation for Middle and North Georgia
All Saints Episcopal Church, Atlanta
Clean UP HT
Its a Penalty
Atlanta, GA 30308
Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Sunday: 8:00 – 8:30 AM, 9:00 – 10:15 AM, 11:15 AM – 12:30 PM, 5:30 – 6:15 PM