The Wine List June 14 2006
Events around the city
· Stone Mountain Village — Annual Walk and Wine Tour. Take your glass and tour the quaint shops that line the streets of the village while tasting wine along the way. Free. Sat., June 17, 6-8 p.m. 770-572-5865. www.stonemountainvillage.com.
· Woodfire Grill — Sauvignon Blanc wine tasting. Matt Olson hosts this tasting focusing on Sauvignon Blanc and Sauvignon Blanc blends. $25. Tues., June 20, 6:30-8 p.m. 1782 Cheshire Bridge Road. 404-347-9055. www.woodfiregrill.com.
· Redfish — Francis Coppola Wine Dinner. Redfish will host a four-course dinner featuring the wines of the Francis Coppola winery. $60. Tues., June 20, 7 p.m. 687 Memorial Drive. 404-475-1200. www.redfishcreole.com.
· Joël — Red wines from Spain. The sommalier team leads you through this breathtaking and polished region. Wed., June 21, 6-7:15 p.m. $30. 3290 Northside Parkway. 404-233-3500. www.joelrestaurant.com.
· Kyma — Greek vs. American wine tasting. Everyone likes a good challenge, so visit Kyma as Greek wines are pitted against their American counterparts in this friendly competition. Guests will pick a winner, tasting red and white wines from both sides of the world. The wines will be paired with a sampling of small bites from Kyma's kitchen. $35. Wed., June 21, 5:30-8:30 p.m. Reservations recommended. 3085 Piedmont Road. 404-262-0702. www.buckheadrestaurants.com.
· Di Paolo — Spring Sundays. All bottles of wine (excluding the reserve list) will be offered at a 50 percent discount Sunday evenings. 8560 Holcomb Bridge Road, Alpharetta. 770-587-1051. www.dipaolorestaurant.com.
· D'Vine Wine Bar and Shop — Come enjoy a relaxed wine experience every day (except Sunday). Monday is "uncorked" night, where you can sample from all the open bottles (usually 30-plus) until the bottles are empty for $15. For the latest schedule of events, check the website at www.atlantawinebar.com. 5486 Chamblee-Dunwoody Road. 770-350-WINE.
· Eno — Wine tastings in the bar every Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. Taste eight to 10 wines for $10, including a complimentary plate of tapas. Also, every Thursday is top flight night: premium flights of four to five wines for $25-$35. 800 Peachtree St. 404-685-3191. www.eno-atlanta.com.
· Globe — Wine tastings every Tuesday, 5:30-7 p.m. Four wines and tapas for $10 per person. 75 Fifth St. (in Technology Square). 404-541-1487. www.globeatlanta.com.
· Haven — Come enjoy D'Vine Sundays at Haven when the restaurant offers $29 bottles from the entire wine list. 1441 Dresden Drive. For more info, call 404-969-0700 or visit www.havenrestaurant.com.
· Huey's — All bottles from the wine list are half-price each Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (except holidays). 1816 Peachtree Road. 404-873-2037.
· Java Vino — During June, Java Vino will have daily wine specials. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, wines by the glass will be half-price. On Wednesdays, wines by the bottle will be half-price. On Fridays and Saturdays, you can buy one bottle of wine and get the second bottle half-off. Java Vino also holds wine tastings on Sundays from 5-7 p.m. 579 N. Highland Ave. 404-588-9171.
· Murphy's — Wine tasting Tuesdays start at 6:30 p.m. Cost is $15 for tasting, with $5 off any entree. 997 Virginia Ave. 404-872-0904. www.murphysvh.com.
· Palate Wine Bar — Wine tasting every Thursday from 6-8 p.m., followed by live jazz with Nicole Chillemi and guest. Sample featured wines paired with food. $10. Every Sunday is "Finish the Bottle" from 6-10 p.m. All open bottles from the list of 54 wines are discounted. 321 W. Hill St., Decatur. 404-373-4702. www.palatewinebar.com.
· Nancy G's Cafe — Half-price wine every Tuesday. 4920 Roswell Road. 404-705-8444. www.nancygscafe.com.
· SoHo — Every Wednesday night is "flight night." Beginning at 5:30 p.m., bar manager J.D. Doyle leads a tasting tour of regions. 4300 Paces Ferry Road. 770-801-0069. www.sohoatlanta.com.
· Spice — Half-price bottles of wine every Tuesday, 6 p.m.-close. Choose from more than 100 wine varietals. Also, "Sipping from the Vine" wine tasting and complimentary hors d'oeuvres every Thursday, 6-8 p.m. $10 per person. 793 Juniper St. 404-875-4242. www.spicerestaurant.com.
· Taurus -- Half-price bottles of wine every Sunday and Monday night (excluding wines from the "No Bull" list). 1745 Peachtree St. 404-214-0641. www.taurusrestaurant.com.
· Twist — Every Monday, Twist offers half-price bottles for every item on the wine list, including Dom Perignon. 3500 Peachtree Road. 404-869-1191. www.heretoserverestaurants.com.
· Vine — Each Monday, the complete wine list is 50 percent off. Every Wednesday, the restaurant offers a tasting of at least six wines from 6-8 p.m. Cost is $10, which can be applied to your dinner check to receive $10 off, rendering the wine tasting free. Every Sunday, Vine holds a three-course wine-pairing dinner for $27.95. Reservations are encouraged. 404-892-2393. 1190 N. Highland Ave. www.vinerestaurant.com.
· Violette — Half-price bottles of wine every Tuesday night for wines under $50, 5:30-10 p.m. 2948 Clairmont Road. 404-633-3363. www.violetterestaurant.com.
· E-mail email@example.com or fax information to 404-420-1402 at least two weeks prior to event.