ATLwood: Hello, Michael Douglas!
- Devious Maids is juuust about to start shooting its second season. Fun fact: Eva Longoria will make her directorial debut with the premiere.
- One of the CW's vampire dramas was filming at Northside Drive and 17th Street, behind Atlantic Station.
- Kurt Russell on filming Fast & Furious 7: "They're working hard on doing what they have to do to try to make that thing work. I think they're going to gear up again in February or March."
- Ant-Man filming is rumored/slated/scheduled to begin in May at Pinewood Atlanta. (Hello, Michael Douglas!)
- AMC's Halt and Catch Fire reportedly filmed in Doraville.
? ? ?
- Drop Dead Diva needs "upper crust" school board types between 30-50 for work next Friday. Also "police types" and "parent types." Email info + photos to sd6.diva at gmail.com with your intended role (e.g., "Police") in the subject line.
- Mockingjay needs people with military experience for work Jan. 27-29 (more here); they also need more thin-framed folks with "hair and make-up experience" for work Jan. 23. Email photos + info to CLCTrilogy at gmail.com.
- Speaking of CL Casting, the agency needs male models for an unnamed, upcoming, and "major" production. Email your photos + info to CLCastingModel at gmail.com with "MALE MODEL" in the subject line.
Deals & Payoffs:
- The Oscars are coming! Prisoners, which was filmed in the metro area, and Julia Roberts (who is of course from Smyrna) both earned nominations earlier this week. (Coldplay's "Atlas," which earned a Golden Globe nom for Catching Fire, didn't make the cut.)
- Fox's Enlisted, about three brothers in the military and on the same base, premiered last Friday and it is a) utterly charming; and b) stars Atlanta's Chris Lowell, who people will probably all start to hate again when the Veronica Mars movie comes out.
- Ride Along, which seems dreadful but is projected to open healthily, opens.
- Cee Lo Green was seen at Houston's.
- TruTV's Impractical Jokers are coming to the Tabernacle tomorrow.
- So You Think You Can Dance was back in Atlanta and Rodney Ho is on it!
- Remember Evander Holyfield? You can go ahead and forget about him again: he was evicted from the Big Brother house.