The Televangelist: ATLwood Weekly Rundown (7)
Filming news in and around Atlanta
- "Falcons Fever, True BELIBERS"
• "Gamers" is still filming at 141 Mangum Street in Atlanta, so head that way if you want to see some action! Meanwhile "The Walking Dead" was on Turrentine Road in Sharpsburg, GA again, and stayed through Thursday.
• Familiar Face Alert: this week, The Reluctant Fundamentalist starring Liev Schreiber, Kate Hudson and Kiefer Sutherland begins filming today in Castleberry Hills from approx 6am—2pm, and will continue through October 7th before moving to New York and India.
• Get ready to Crank That: Soulja Boy says he's filming in town. And so is Brandy but shhhhhh, it's a secret!
• Georgia builds a 30,000 sq. ft. studio seductive sound stage in hope of boosting filming even more! (cue evil "muhahaha!")
• But we aren't just interested in big, bloated studio schlock, are we?! For refreshing cinematic fare, drop in on the Atlanta Underground Film Fest, happening now through the weekend.
• Now for what you really came for: a star-sighting bonanza! Staring: Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Brooklyn Decker, Andy Roddick, and more! (and with pics!) from our friend Jennifer Brett over at the AJC Buzz.
• Oh yeah, and Ving Rhames was hanging around Hal's Wednesday night, too.
• If the filming does not come to Georgia, Georgians will go to it: two Georgia couples will be featured on the upcoming season of "The Amazing Race!"
Have any tips? Sightings? Encounters? Filming news? Drop me a line: ATLwood@cln.com or send me a tweet @FlossyAlli on Twitter (don't forget to use the hashtag #ATLwood)!