The Wine List August 03 2005
· Philippe Buttin, head sommelier at Joël, will conduct a tasting at the restaurant featuring wines from Provence on Wed., Aug. 10, from 5:45-7:15 p.m. Cost is $30 per person and includes hors d'oeuvres from chef Joël Antunes. 3290 Northside Parkway. 404-233-3500. www.joelrestaurant.com.
· Cafe at East Andrews — Each week, the restaurant offers Wine Down Wednesdays, with bottles of wine for half-price. Included in the promotion is the "Cellar List," so patrons have the chance to sample high-quality wines like Silver Oak and Opus One. 56 E. Andrews Drive. 404-869-1132. www.eastandrews.com.
· Cheetah — Wine, Women & Thong every Friday, beginning at 6 p.m. in the Executive Room. The $20 event includes front door cover, Executive Room admission, hors d'oeuvres and wine. 887 Spring St. 404-892-3037.
· D'Vine Wine Bar and Shop — Come enjoy a wine event every day of the week (with the exception of Sunday). To mention just a few: Monday from 6-8 p.m. is D'Vine's Uncorked Night, where customers can sample all open bottles for $12. From 6-8 p.m. on Tuesdays, D'Vine has wine tastings of six to eight themed wines. Wine Knowledge Wednesdays include classes by expert Michael Bryant, trivia and a four-course dinner. 5486 Chamblee Dunwoody Road. 770-350-9463. www.atlantawinebar.com.
· Eclipse di Luna — Enjoy a wine tasting event the first Tuesday of every month from 6-7 p.m. For $10, it includes tapas and bottomless glasses of six to eight wines. 764 Miami Circle. 404-846-0449.
· Eno — Wine tastings in the bar every Wednesday from 6-8 p.m. Taste eight to 10 wines for $10, including a complimentary plate of tapas. Also, every Thursday is top flight night: premium flights of four to five wines for $25 to $35. 800 Peachtree St. 404-685-3191. www.eno-atlanta.com.
· The Food Studio — Fifty percent off bottles of wine Sunday through Friday in August. This offer will only be for Fifth Group Restaurants newsletter subscribers: Visit www.fifthgroup.com to sign up in time to take advantage of the August offer. Newsletter subscribers will receive a printable certificate for this discount along with the newsletter via e-mail (new subscribers will receive their newsletter/certificate within two days of signing up). 887 W. Marietta Street, 404-815-6677.
· Haven — Come enjoy D'Vine Sundays at Haven when the restaurant offers $29 bottles from the entire wine list. 1441 Dresden Drive. For more info, call 404-969-0700 or visit www.havenrestaurant.com.
· Huey's — All bottles from the wine list are half-price each Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (except holidays). 1816 Peachtree Road. 404-873-2037.
· Imperial Fez — Taste wines from around the world paired with Moroccan appetizers the first Wednesday of every month. $15. 5:30-7 p.m. 2285 Peachtree Road. 404-351-0870. www.imperialfez.com.
· Java Monkey — Wine tasting every other Thursday on the patio. The next tasting — which includes music and chair massage — will be Thurs., Aug. 4. Sample featured wines and complimentary hors d'oeuvres. $15. 7-9 p.m. 425 Church St. 404-378-5002.
· La Tavola Trattoria — Wine flights every Monday night. The theme for Mon., Aug. 8, is light-bodied Italian wines. 992 Virginia Ave. 404-873-5430. www.latavolatrattoria.com.
· Murphy's — Wine tasting Tuesdays start at 6:30 p.m. Cost is $10 for tasting, with $5 off any entree. 997 Virginia Ave. 404-872-0904. www.murphysvh.com.
· Sage — Wine tastings are bimonthly, usually on the first and third Wednesdays of the month, coinciding with performances by a live jazz band. Call 404-373-5574 to confirm, or join the distribution list for up-to-date info by e-mailing the restaurant at email@example.com. Reservations recommended. 121 Sycamore St. 404-373-5574. www.thebistros.com.
· SoHo — Every Wednesday night is "flight night." Beginning at 5:30 p.m., bar manager J.D. Doyle leads participants on a tasting tour of regions. From May through August, SoHo presents its seventh annual West Coast tour, featuring the varietals of California, Oregon and Washington. 4300 Paces Ferry Road. 770-801-0069. www.sohoatlanta.com.
· Sotto Sotto — All bottles of wine are half-price every Tuesday. Monday's feature is the "bottomless wine glass" with three price points — $15, $20, $25 — for all the wine you can drink. 313 N. Highland Ave. 404-523-6678. www.sottosottorestaurant.com.
· Spice — Half-price bottles of wine every Tuesday, 6 p.m.-close. Choose from more than 100 wine varietals. Also, "Sipping from the Vine" wine tasting and complimentary hors d'oeuvres every Thursday, 6-8 p.m. $10 per person. 793 Juniper St. 404-875-4242. www.spicerestaurant.com.
· Tierra — Half-priced wine every Wednesday for bottles under $50. 1425 Piedmont Ave. 404-874-5951. www.tierrarestaurant.com.
· Twist — Every Monday, Twist offers half-price bottles for every item on the wine list, including Dom Perignon. 3500 Peachtree Road. 404-869-1191. www.heretoserverestaurants.com.
· Vine — Each Monday, the complete wine list of more than 160 wines by the bottle and 40 by the glass is 50 percent off. Every Wednesday, the restaurant offers a tasting of at least six wines from 6-8 p.m. Cost is $10, which can be applied to your dinner check to receive $10 off, rendering the wine tasting free. Every Sunday, Vine holds a three-course wine pairing dinner for $27.95. Reservations are encouraged. 404-892-2393. 1190 N. Highland Ave. www.vinerestaurant.com.
· Vinocity — Exotic dinners paired with bottomless glasses of wine from a specific region every Sunday, starting at 5:30 p.m. Prices vary by the week. Three or four selections presented like a flight. 36 13th St. 404-870-8886. www.vinocitywinebar.com.
· E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or fax information to 404-420-1402 at least two weeks prior to event.