A Critic's Notebook: May's Top Five Arts Events
Kongo, Mayhem, Susan, Tanz and Judy
A monthly listing of critic Andrew Alexander's picks for the top five arts events in Atlanta:
1. Kongo Across the Waters, a major traveling exhibition of objects from the Royal Museum for Central Africa at the Jimmy Carter Library and Museum, May 15 - September 21.
? ? ?
2. Whitespace gallerist Susan Bridges honored with the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center's 2014 Nexus Award, May 6.
3. Atlanta Ballet presents MAYhem, a mixed program featuring contemporary dance works by Helen Pickett, John McFall and Jorma Elo at the Cobb Energy Center, May 16-18
4. Choreographers Greg Catellier and Gustavo Ramirez Sansano present new work at Tanz Farm, Goat Farm Arts Center, May 22-25
5. Actor's Express presents End of the Rainbow, Peter Quilter's hit play about the last days of Judy Garland, May 14-June 15.