The Blotter August 19, 2000

?On Wilson Road, a man said a woman hit him several times, and then threatened to get a gun and shoot him. The man is the coach of a mini-football team that the woman's son plays on. ?
?"The argument was over her son playing," noted the officer in his report.

The pastor of a church on Richardson Street said one evening that the church choir was unable to enter their church because the locks had been changed, as well as the alarm system. The pastor said several deacons were responsible for changing the locks and the alarm. He said the deacons did this without his permission, or the permission of other churchgoers. ?
?The pastor said he and his congregation of 650 members are currently unable to get into the church and hold services or any church activities. As a result, the pastor has resorted to holding service at a hotel. ?
?The Larceny Unit was called.

A 22-year-old woman on Brown Mills Road said she returned to her home on Brown Mills Road and discovered that her painting, which depicted men playing cards, was missing. She said the painting was worth $35. The woman said a neighbor saw her landlord enter her home while she was gone. The woman added that her landlord has been taunting her, and she believes that the landlord stole the painting.

A 19-year-old woman said her boyfriend, 23, was upset because she stayed out until 4 a.m. He accused her of being in a hotel with another man. When she asked her boyfriend what he did with the money for the electric bill, which her father had given him, the boyfriend smacked her in the face and hit her with the phone. ?
?The boyfriend rode away on his bike before police arrived.

A 35-year-old man on Hilliard Street called police and said two days prior to his call, an 18-year-old man approached him and asked if he could spend the night at the 35-year-old's home, until the trains ran the next morning. The 18-year-old offered to pay $5 to the 35-year-old, to be allowed to sleep there. The next morning, the 18-year-old refused to leave the apartment, and refused to pay the $5. According to the 35-year-old, the 18-year-old beat him, threatened to kill him, took his cane and hit him with it, and put a knife to his throat. ?
?The 35-year-old fled his home and called police, but the suspect left before police arrived. ?
?The 35-year-old didn't stay at his home that night, for fear of injury. When he attempted to return to his house, a neighbor told him that some men were sleeping there. ?
?The 35-year-old said he knew the men from the neighborhood, and thought they were using his home to sell drugs from. ?
?Two officers went to the 35-year-old's apartment, and found four men asleep in the living room. Two of the men were unaware that it was "improper" for them to be in the apartment. ?
?The 35-year-old pointed out the suspect who had beaten him. Another man possessed 18-20 hits of suspected crack cocaine. Both were taken to jail. The first two men were released.

Around 7 a.m., a 42-year-old woman was preparing to go outside and get the newspaper in the front yard of her home on Club Drive. The woman saw a man with a bicycle walking away from the left corner of her home. The man was dressed in camouflage clothing. ?
?The woman asked her husband to go outside and check out the situation. ?
?The husband discovered that the man had defecated on the lawn. The man also left two pairs of sunglasses, and a pair of tan leather gloves in the front yard. ?
?The items were turned in as evidence.

The Blotter
COVID Updates
Latest News
Current Issue