News Roundup Nov. 7, 2022
Speaker of the House David Ralson to retire...Yeezy manufacturer lays off 140 employees as production shuts down...Carter Center to monitor Fulton County election.
The Carter Center announced plans to monitor the elections in Fulton County. The Center usually monitors elections internationally but did oversee the audit of the 2020 election. The Center’s monitoring of the 2022 election is in response to the election deniers here — and across the US … 140 Georgians lost their job this week as the shoe company making Yeezy foot wear stopped production after Kanye West (aka Ye) was called out on his recent anti-semitic remarks … Georgia Speaker of the House David Ralston will step down after 12-years as the state’s most powerful legislator.
- Carter Center to monitor midterms in Georgia — Fox 5
- Georgia Shatters Midterm Early-VGeorgia Shatters Midterm Early-Voting Record — Wall Street Journal
- College football: No. 3 Georgia shuts down No. 1 Tennessee, remains unbeaten — LA Times
- Georgia shoe manufacturer lays off most of workforce after Adidas stops Yeezy production — Rockdale Citizen
- Georgia police officer revives runner after performing CPR for more than 10 minutes — CBS News
- The state of hip-hop in Atlanta after the death of rapper Takeoff — NPR
- The Jolt: GOP like 'crabs in a bucker' after David Ralston's decision — AJC
- Georgians get another month’s reprieve from paying gas taxes - AJC
- Passengers fined millions for bringing guns to security checkpoints, TSA says — WSB
- Conspiracy theorists urge voting as late as possible on Election Day — Georgia Recorder