On this Page
- 2 Chainz Atlanta
- 2 Chainz Atlanta Connections
- Creative Loafing Articles on 2 Chainz
- 2 Chainz Articles in CL
- Who Is 2 Chainz?
- 2 Chainz in the News
- 2 Chainz Discography
- Soundtracks and Videos
- Show Reviews
- Clubs Played in Atlanta
Atlanta-based rapper 2 Chainz has been a local celebrity since 2010, originally making the scene as Tity Boi before going solo and changing his name to 2 Chainz. In 2012, 2 Chainz hit it big with a record he released on Def Jam called "Based on a T.R.U. Story". 2 Chainz is a big Atlanta scene maker.
- 2 Chainz was born in College Park September 12, 1977
- 2 Chainz lives in the Atlanta area (See 2 Chainz's custom ATL aquarium) and promotes the City wherever possible.
- 2 Chainz's original duo "Playaz Circle" signed to Atlanta-based Ludacris' Disturbing tha Peace label
- 2 Chainz signed to Def Jam Records February 2012
~tc~i need some design help on this. I'm looking to list all the articles that CL has in the archives for 2 Chainz. Originally, i did this by hand and then i figured out how to make the LIST function work. The list below is much more condensed than the one i did with the LIST function which is in the next section where i called it CL rather than the
- 2 Chainz Recreates 'Pink Trap House' - 11/28/2017
- 2 Chainz to hang with the lax bros - 11/16/2017
- First Slice 6-28-17: Trouble at 2 Chainz's Trap house
- Quick Bites: 2 Chainz plans a tapas lounge, Jamba Juice's Atlanta takeover, and more - 09/08/2015
- What would 2 Chainz do with a $40K giraffe? - 05/05/2015
- Tracklist: FKA twigs, Panda Bear, Ryn Weaver, Fall Out Boy, Meghan Trainor, Maroon 5, Curren$y, John Mayer, Samantha Savage Smith, JD McPherson, 2 Chainz and more - 01/15/2015
- Tracklist: Hatsune Miku, Cold War Kids, Beyonce, Jesse J, 2 Chainz, Ariel Pink, Noel Gallagher, Metallica, Sturgill Simpson, Nickelback and more - 11/21/2014
- 2 Chainz and Kanye's 'Birthday Song' video reaches height of artful absurdity - 08/30/2012
- 2 Chainz turns out NYC, signs to Def Jam - 02/01/2012
- 2 Chainz listening party is now open to the public - 08/07/2012
- Nomen Novum vs. Nicki Minaj (feat. 2 Chainz) - 06/15/2012
- Decatur Dan and 2 Chainz 'Turn Up' the behind-the-camera tricks - 05/11/2012
- 2 Chainz changed his name and started a damn Realigion - 11/10/2011
- NEWS BRIEF: Killer Mike, 2 Chainz urge city council to reject “nuisance” bill 08/04/2022
- RECORD REVIEW: 2 Chainz 03/28/2019
- 2 Chainz headlines MLS all-star concert 07/28/2018
- 2 Chainz Recreates 'Pink Trap House' 11/28/2017
- 2 Chainz to hang with the lax bros 11/16/2017
2 Chainz was born Tauheed Epps on September 12, 1977). Before he was 2 Chainz he was known as Tity Boi. Before going solo, he played in a duo called "Playaz Circle" with Earl "Dolla Boy" Conyers. Their original label was Ludacris' Disturbing tha Peace label.
Their first single was "Duffle Bag Boy".
In February 2012, 2 Chainz signed a solo record deal with Def Jam Recordings and he released his debut studio album "Based on a T.R.U. Story", in August 2012. The album's best selling singles were: "No Lie," "Birthday Song," and "I'm Different", all of which went Gold as well as the album. 2 Chainz' second studio album B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time was released on September 11, 2013 with the singles "Feds Watching" and "Used 2" selling well.
On January 6, 2015, 2 Chainz announced that he was starting his own independent record label "The Real University" (also known as "T.R.U."; or "The Real U"). The announcement also revealed that frequent collaborators Cap.1 & Skooly were signed. Additionally, they signed former Young Money artist Short Dawg, who is now known as Fresh. Along with the announcement of the label's founding, they also revealed they'd be releasing their debut mixtape TRU Jack City on January 27, 2015.
Epps has two daughters; Heaven and Harmony. On October 14, 2015, 2 Chainz welcomed his third child, a baby boy named Halo.
At the age of 15, Epps was convicted of felony cocaine possession. On February 14, 2013, Epps was arrested in Maryland en route to a concert at UMES for marijuana possession. Epps was then cited and released.
On June 11, 2013, Epps was arrested while on board a departing flight at LAX airport for possession of a controlled substance after TSA agents found that his checked bag contained marijuana and promethazine. He was booked and charged with felony narcotics possession. Later that day he posted $10,000 bond and was released. He was due back in court on June 21, 2013. Two days previous, he was reportedly robbed at gunpoint outside a medical marijuana dispensary in San Francisco.
2 Chainz Busted
Just before midnight on August 21, 2013, Epps' tour bus was pulled over in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, because the passenger side taillights were out. The arresting officer reported that he smelled marijuana and saw smoke through the open door of the bus after he had stopped and pulled over the bus. The driver of the bus shut the door and told officers he was not authorized to allow them on the bus. The officer said the marijuana smell gave him probable cause to search, but the driver refused to open the door. After many attempts to enter, the bus was towed with the men still aboard to the police training center in Oklahoma City. Officers obtained a search warrant and the 10 men, including Epps, got off the bus. Police discovered two semi-automatic pistols and a 12-gauge pump shotgun, along with some prescription painkillers and marijuana residue, on the tour bus according to papers filed Oklahoma County district Court.
2Chainz Opens Up a Restaurant
CL's First Slice
2 Chainz selling sweaters
First Slice 12/29/15: 2 Chainz struck gold with Dabbin' Santa sweaters
- Rap or Go to the League (2018)
* Pretty Girls Like Trap Music (2017)
* ColleGrove (2016)
* B.O.A.T.S. II: Me Time (2013)
* Based on a T.R.U. Story (2012)
- Tracklist: 2 Chainz enjoys real estate - 08/15/2012
- 2 Chainz luv dem strippers; and we luv some 2 Chainz - 08/14/2012
- Video: 2 Chainz 'Turn Up' puts Club Ritz on blast - 06/11/2012
- VIDEO: 2 Chainz feat. Kreayshawn, 'Murder' - 05/15/2012
- VIDEO: 2 Chainz, 'Riot' - 04/09/2012