ATLwood: 'Fast & Furious' won't kill off Paul Walker
He'll be retired, instead.
- Paul Walker's Brian O'Conner, who has been a cop and an ex-cop and then a cop again over the course of the Fast & Furious franchise, will be retired in the seventh film. (The film's release has also been pushed back to 2015.)
- Mockingjay resumed filming in Newnan's Caldwell Tanks and a bit more at the Marriott downtown.
- Complications, a new Matt Nix pilot (he created "Burn Notice," y'all), shot on Havenridge Drive this Wednesday and will continue shooting today.
- AMC's Halt and Catch Fire is filming in Snellville (and needs extras; more below).
- Property Brothers will get back to filming in the metro area next month.
? ? ?
- R. Kelly
turned celebrated turning 47 at STK.
- Lila and Eve, starring Jennifer Lopez and Viola Davis, [http://www.accessatlanta.com/weblogs/buzz/2014/jan/06/jennifer-lopezviola-davis-movie-seeks-extras/|needs (and needs and needs and needs) a bunch of different extras] for work all through February. The film is about "distraught mothers" but is probably about watching Davis act really, really well.
- HaCF needs men and women with 1983 hair. Send photos + info to hcfextras at gmail.com.
Deals & Payoffs:
- Remember Jacoby Development's very, very big Gwinnett film studio? It could open by this summer.
- VH1's "Single Ladies" is back from its year-plus hiatus
- Tyler Perry has a new show on OWN. (That makes four, if you're counting.) (Also.)
- Vin Diesel is a very sweet guy.
- Evander Holyfield is not.
- "A promotional blitz that would impress Ron Burgundy."
Honey Boo Boo Alana Thompson's family was in a car accident but Alanna Thompson's family is OK.