Make Your Own Illuminated Cloud Lamp
From the venue:
Want to get fuzzy-headed? Like electronics?
Come learn how to make a glowing, color-pulsing LED cloud lamp!
Some prior programming experience would be helpful, but is not required.
You'll go home with your very own glowing cloud to hang on a wall!
The workshop takes about 3 hours.
IMPORTANT AND REQUIRED:
- A laptop computer with WiFi, Arduino IDE (it's free)
An INSTALL PARTY starts an hour before this Meetup (additional fee).
If you complete installations before the Meetup, you will get a CANDY BAR!
Building on Arduino basics, we will move forward, and discuss:
- how you can use libraries of code written by others
- how you can work with addressable LED strips
- how addressable RGB LED's work, and how the library we will use controls them
- circuit design to allowing an Arduino to control things with separate power
The Other 4 Things To Do Today